- Eat smaller and lighter meals regularly.
- Avoid eating late in the night, also sleep with your head in a raised position.
- Losing weight provides a long term solution to stomach acid.
- Avoid smoking as this makes the occurrence of acid reflux.
- Medications like aspirin and Ibuprofen make it worse.
- Drink a glass of whole milk to help combat the effects of excess stomach acid.
- Avoid peppermint tea.
- Avoid carbonated beverages and legumes which can also increase the amount of gas produced in the stomach.
Tagged with: Stomach Acid